We are so proud of Sean! He completed two full years of Giant Steps Autism Preschool! Sean has worked so hard and has made life changing progress. I honestly don't know where we would be without the Giant Steps Preschool and all of Sean's amazing teachers. Sean will be attending a regular half day kindergarten class this fall. Because Sean is doing so great he does not qualify for special needs services which means he is looked at as a "typically" developing kid. I know that Sean is going to need extra support and help especially during the transition process. The principal at our local elementary school never returned my phone calls and was not really listening to me when I approached him in the school office. My only hope is that we will get the teacher I requested and that she will be willing to work with me in helping Sean be successful. It is unsettling leaving a program with full support and going to a situation where I am on my own to figure out Sean's future. I feel like this is where Sean is supposed to be so I have to have faith that Heavenly Father will help me and my son.
We had fun celebrating Sean! We left the two younger kids home with a babysitter and dressed up for Sean's special send off from preschool. Sean sang his heart out during the program and received a book called, "twas the night before kindergarten". His teachers think of everything. We picked up his scrapbook and had a pizza lunch in the park. We gave each of his teachers one last huge hug and walked away into the unknown. Yikes!
No comments:
Post a Comment