Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Eve

 We had a calm, relaxing day at home together on Christmas Eve. Mark and the kids played outside in the snow.

 Mark and I had all the presents wrapped and everything ready for Christmas. The house was clean and we anticipated an early bedtime for everyone.
Here are the boys dancing.

 We had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner with my parents, 2 brothers and their families and our favorite New Orleans family. My sister-in-law provided a yummy dinner. Baby Kaylin was not feeling well. Mark and I spent the day holding her. It was such a blessing to not have to host or travel on this night. I am most grateful for my brother and his wife for having us over. I appreciate the Spirit that was present as testimonies of the Savior were born. What a special night!


                                              I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LONDON!!
 Luke passed out in the car on the way home and was put into bed. Claire and Sean were excited to put out cookies and milk for Santa. Thank goodness Santa likes Oreos. These two were excited to go to sleep. This was an extra fun Christmas for our big kids.
 We surprised the kids with a pet bunny named Peaches. Mark and I picked her out the Saturday before Christmas and brought her home the morning before. Here she is getting acquainted with her surroundings after the kids went to bed.
 Here is everything ready to go! Kaylin is helping by eating a bow. Mark, Kaylin and I were all sick at this point. Mark went to bed around 10:30. Unfortunately Kaylin wouldn't let us put her down in her crib. We tried 6 different times only to have her wake up crying. I finally curled up with her in my big chair and let her sleep in my lap. I proceeding to sleep very, very little this night. It was frustrating knowing that even with my best efforts to be prepared I can't plan for everything. I am most grateful for a sweet baby to loose sleep for. She has had the worst time with her broken leg and being sick.

No comments: