We had a pretty great Christmas day. Last year I went a bit crazy with purchasing lots of toys for the kids. I looked back and realized it was too much and pretty much and autistic nightmare for Sean. We simplified our Christmas quite a bit this year and I am very pleased by the outcome. Mark and I purchased new remotes and games for the wii. We now have 4 remotes and have had way too much fun playing as a family. The kids received one gift from Santa. Santa gave them their most prized item that they had asked them for. This made our Christmas morning very calm.
Sean received his "mack with a silver trailer" that he had been wanting for two months. Luke was thrilled with his train!
Claire was excited to add to her My Little Pony collection with a prized Princess Twilight Sparkle pony.
Kaylin was exhausted and sick but managed to open her blanket and dolly.
Claire and Sean loved on our new Holland Lop bunny Peaches
Kaylin was excited to open/suck on her present from Grandma and Grandpa Hamblin
Grandma and Grandpa Luke stopped by in the afternoon bringing fun gifts for the kids. Kaylin was happy to sit in Grandma's lap the whole time. She snuggled into her Grandma. It was really sweet.
Here they are opening the last presents of the day. Sean rocked Christmas this year! I am so proud of him! Sean has matured so much this year. His Christmas season last year was stressful and frustrating for him. He had a few rough moments on Christmas day but overall was happy and coped with the stress and lack of routine. It's exciting to see Sean's progress and to see his so happy. Go Sean!
We had a great Christmas this year. We maximized our celebrating with fun parties, lights, Christmas concerts and family. We are grateful for our family members who love and support us. We are fortunate to have income and to be able to provide a nice Christmas for our children. Due to Kaylin's injury we spent most of the last 2 weeks of December home trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. The week she broke her leg was packed full of so many activities. I cancelled everything so she and I could stay home in our jammies and focus on her needs. In the midst of the chaos of Christmas I had a chance to slow down and let the business go and focus on our sweet, injured daughter. I am grateful for my little family and to be able to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
No comments:
Post a Comment