Thursday, December 13, 2012

November 29-Baby Girl!

 We left the three kids with Grandma and Grandpa and went to our 20 week ultrasound appointment. Mark and I were certain that we were having another son and were completely shocked when the ultrasound tech told us baby girl. We are thrilled to be able to add another Princess to our family!!! For the first time in our marriage I was calm and collected and Mark cried and then I laughed. It was a pretty funny experience. We drove straight to the store and purchased pink and purple balloons to surprise the kids and grandparents with. I love how excited we all are in these photos.
 Headed into the Hamblins with our "girl" balloons. We told Claire that we would either be bringing home pink or blue. She told me afterwards that she was hoping they would be pink.
 This is the most excited big sister ever!! She is so happy to finally be getting a baby sister. I was relieved to be able to give her what she wanted. It's nice to have the numbers even out at our house. The boys are going to be cute with a baby sister and we are having fun pulling out the girl clothes. We went to the Carter's outlet that evening and picked out two new outfits for a baby girl.
 The little boys really don't have a clue about what is going on. Sean will tell you that he is having a baby brother. The other day he said to me," Mom, your tummy is getting big." Luke refers to the baby as "the baby in the tummy."

No comments: