Sunday, September 1, 2013

First week of school

 Here are my two adorable stay at home buddies. I told Mark that having Claire and Sean at school would be like Mark going to work and having his workload cut in half! It's really nice to have time for my two youngest. Lukey and I are working on his letter sounds and it's nice for Kaylin to get to be home for her naps. We are looking forward to Luke's gymnastics class that starts this week and story time at the library. The three of us are going to have lots of fun.

I have been practicing braiding Claire's hair. So far so good.
 Lukey is completely potty trained!!! We sent the big kids to school then stayed home for three whole days. I showed Luke a picture of this pirate ship online and told him if he could wear his underwear full time and keep them dry that I would buy it for him. The toy was a total game changer! Luke worked really hard and by the fourth day was able to use the bathroom at Grandma's house and at the store. It is awesome having our big boy use the toilet.
 I was completely jealous of this nap that Mark and Kaylin had together.
 We had an awesome time at the annual Hamblin Family Reunion. Aunt Linda spoiled us this year. We had lunch, played games and played in the creek up Hobble Creek Canyon. The weather was gorgeous and we love to visit with our Hamblin family. The only downside was that our family did not win a single candy jar from the guessing game. Aunt Lacey continues to be the expert estimator by winning several jars. Go Lacey!
 Kaylin is now a full time thumb sucker. She refuses to touch binkies now that she can accurately get her thumb in her mouth whenever she chooses. I'm certain it will be a long term challenge to get her to stop someday but for now it's nice to not have to go in and replace her binky in her mouth. She is excellent at self soothing. Here she is about to take a nap with Grandma Luke.
 Matching her teddy bear(we had to get creative keeping entertained during the potty training week).
 I finally cut Kaylin's baby hair. I didn't want to but it was getting long and distracting. Her hair is finally starting to come in. It is fuzzy and blond and we are still waiting to see if it will be curly.

Claire came home from the first week of school sick. She missed three days of school the second week and then passed it to Sean who is our healthiest kid and only missed two days of school. He passed it to Luke who gets croup and can't breathe at night. I am now sick and miserable and now our sweet baby is sick. The good news is that the two big kids are back to school. Mark worked so many hours last week and was never home so he has been able to stay healthy. I hope this goes away soon. We will see what the third week of school brings.

No comments: