Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Happy Birth Mother's Day







I love the month of May. We think about Kara a lot on Mother's Day and Lukey's birthday on the 22nd. May is the month we picked to go to the cemetery to honor Luke's birth mommy. Last year it was raining and the pain was too fresh to have much of a positive experience. We had a much better experience this time. Each of the kids had a pin wheel and flower to leave for Auntie Kara. We let the kids run around and explore. We want them to become comfortable in a cemetery. We talked about how special Auntie Kara is and took lots of pictures. Fortunately we talk about Auntie Kara all the time so the kids will always know who she is and how much she loves them. I love these pictures of Luke. Someday he will understand his story and these visits will be more meaningful. For now I enjoyed watching him sit on her headstone and just be cute. We loaded up in the car and the kids waved and yelled, "Bye Auntie Kara" as we left. It's really, really nice to have the first year behind us. Happy Birth Mother's Day this Saturday!

2 comments:

M said...

You guys are such amazing parents.

Muffin said...

I'm so glad you are able to do this every year with the kids! How wonderful! I hope that all is well with you. You look like you are doing well. You are so beautiful and I can't believe how much your family has grown!