Monday, October 31, 2011

train tables and tears

My sweet, little Sean has some developmental delays. We have been working closely with the Kids on the Move program since May. We have seen great progress in the short 6 months that we have been working with him. In the summer we began talking about autism. The word breaks my heart to pieces. Sean had begun a love affair with trains. I told Mark that if Sean received a diagnosis of autism that I was buying him his own full sized train table. After a long process of time, evaluations and tears Sean became the owner of his very own train table!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Annie, there's no sweeter mother than you. Sean is a lucky (and darling!) little guy. I'm always inspired by your posts and I check almost daily to see if you've written anything new. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Sarah Osborne said...

Oh Sweet little boy. I was just coming on to say the exact same thing as Ashley: that Luke is so lucky to have you. With you as his mother he will go far, no matter the set backs.

Jared & Shannon said...

Oh, my! What led you to investigate Sean's abilities? You are so strong, Andrea. I know the Lord will bless you and Mark as you work through this!

Mrs. Small House said...

I am surprised! But you are awesome parents and I have seen so many kids with early intervention who do just fine. I have no doubt Sean will be the same. I have a friend whose son has autism (among other things) and knows a lot of resources and things. If you'd like her info (blog,email) let me know. Sometimes it helps to know there are others in your situation.

johnfh said...

I can only imagine how scary the diagnosis is for you right now. We are praying for you. I'll tell you this much, with you two as parents he's gonna do great. Sean is one cool dude. I wonder why he loves trains so much... Maybe you should tell him Mark isn't that kind of engineer. :) We love you guys.