Friday, September 16, 2011

Milestones


We reached the six month anniversary of Kara's passing. Her headstone was placed a few weeks ago. Mark and I have not been to the cemetery to see it. It is perfect. Mark's parents did the greatest job picking out a perfect headstone for their daughter. Kara loved the outdoors. She spent a week in Arches the month before Luke was born. She records in her journal several entrys during that week. She was at peace there. She writes about the beautiful conversations she had with her parents during their time spent together. Kara once told me that the time she was pregnant and poor living in a rehab center in Payson was the happiest she had ever been. I love the symbol of the mountains. The are rugged but strong and I think that best describes her. Mark and I both think of her everyday and cry more than we care to admit. Six months is a small period of time. I recently hung the picture she made of my children on the wall. I think it's important that we talk about Kara and remember her often with the children so that she will always be a normal everyday part of our lives. It has been hard to look at that picture everyday but I think it is an important step for our family. I hear that someday it will be easier and we won't hurt so bad.

No comments: