
Claire started preschool a couple of weeks ago. We talked about it and prepared for it all summer. She was beyond excited for her first day. She told me how she wanted to do her hair and wore her new preschool shirt. She got to wear her new princess light-up shoes that we bought especially for school.


Big day for this mommy. Up until this week I had three stay at home full time kids. It's weird to drop her off somewhere else. It helps knowing that she is confident and happy and excited. I don't have to worry about her at all.

Claire requested a picture with her brother. Last week Sean cried when we dropped Claire off for school. I set him up in his chair for lunch and he kept looking and pointing at Claire's chair and crying. Those two kids are best buds. We aren't quite sure what to do without our Princess. She is a natural peacemaker and everyone's best friend. Sean and Luke may have to figure out how to like eachother Tues/Thurs from 12:30-2:30.


Daddy came home for lunch to walk with us on her first day. He pushed the boys in the stroller so I could walk with Claire. She held my hand the whole way. It was a very tender moment for me.

The boys helped me pick her up after school and both fell asleep on the way home. We put them in bed to finish their naps and spent almost an hour taking about her experience. Claire told me that one of the little girls was sad and nervous. She said, "Not me Mommy. I was brave and happy and excited!" It makes me so happy to hear her recognize and understand her emotions. Mark and I are grateful everyday that Heavenly Father sent us Claire. The boys are both going through some rough patches right now and it's so nice to have a sweet, easy, kind, helpful big sister around to love everyone. She adds so much beauty and joy to our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment