Monday, May 9, 2011

Birth Mother's Day



In the adoption world Mother's Day is also known as Birth Mother's Day. I picked Mother's Day as the time each year for our family to honor Kara. I purchased a small bouquet of white mums and we headed to the cemetery. It was raining so we left the kids in the car and Mark and I stepped out for a couple of minutes. I was surprised by the wave of emotion that overcame me. Placing my five dollar flowers on an unmarked grave seemed so insignificant to her tremendous sacrifice. I had pictured celebrating this day with her much differently. I had anticipated taking pictures but the whole scene was so pathetic and I did not want a visual reminder.
Maybe next year will be easier.......
Happy Birth Mother's Day to a very special Mother and co-creator of my beautiful family.

No comments: