Sean tends to not enjoy a lot of physical activity. He completely surprised us by running two laps. Mark and I agreed that we had never seen him run like that before.
April is autism awareness month which I think is funny because we are "aware" all year long. It does mean that other people get on board for the month and we get to do some free activities. The new aquarium had free autism night. It was insanely crowded. I heard they hit capacity that night for the first time in their new location. We waited a half an hour to get in and stayed long enough to look at the sharks and penguins which were pretty cool. Kaylin was very intrigued by the fish.
We popped the training wheels off Sean's bike and he took off. We are so proud of him. It's fun to watch him do big boy things.
Kaylin has large gap between her two front teeth. Her maxillary frenum comes down and attaches onto her pallet behind her front teeth. Claire had the same thing. When she was 4 she had a frenectomy where the dentist detached the extra tissue. Claire has a small gap that will be straightened with braces. Sweet, beautiful Kaylin has a very, very thick frenum!! We will have to do the same procedure for her but until she is old enough for braces she gets to have this gorgeous smile! It makes me laugh every time she smiles. What a beautiful girl!
We attended a balloon launch for autism awareness at UVU. The kids loved watching all the balloons fly up into the air.
They only had adult large t-shirts left by the time we got there. I enjoyed Luke's shirt.
Go Sean! He got two balloons to let go of. He is the most amazing kid.
We had fun hanging out with cousins Brooke and Hannah. We got to sit on the front row and watch two innings of the UVU baseball team. Brooke made sure to help my kids understand the game. It was a lot of fun.
Kaylin's first East Egg Hunt in the park with our neighbors. She really likes candy.
Fun Easter treat for Family Home Evening
Mark and I were asked to speak on Easter Sunday. Our assignment was to share our personal feelings on the Savior's atonement and resurrection. It was an extremely difficult task choosing how and what to share. Overall I think it went well. After church we hosted my family for dinner and an Easter Egg Hunt in the park for the cousins. It was so nice having everyone over. I love my family.
Pretty girl in her Easter dress
Kaylin loves snuggling my mom.
We gave each of our kids a special character shirt for Easter. The girls now have matching Frozen shirts with Elsa and Anna. Lukey loves his Mario Brothers shirt and Sean is thrilled with his Yoda shirt.
We made it through a crazy weekend
Miss Kaylin started walking this month. I can't believe how fast she started walking when we consider that she spent a month off her leg in a splint. She walks everywhere and continues to love playing outside. Here she is proud of herself after figuring out how to climb in to the laundry basket. She is a nut!The boys, Kaylin and I had a much better experience at the aquarium for Sean's field trip. It wasn't crowded and we had plenty of time to check everything out.
I found myself a bit overwhelmed keeping track of both boys with all the dark hallways and corners in the aquarium. Sean has a crush on his teacher Courtney and was more than happy to spend time with her. He grabbed her hand and walked around with Courtney. I should have taken a picture of the two of them. He was smitten.
These two are funny!
Mark and I finished out April with our 11 year Anniversary. Nothing says 11 years like a giant cookie from Paradise Bakery. It was raining all day but we enjoyed playing with the kids and running a few errands.
Happy 11 years!
1 comment:
What a fun and busy April! Those pictures of Sean and Luke on the field trip are so precious :) My girls have big, beautiful gap toothed smiles too! Obviously, braces come some day, but isn't it sooooo cute in childhood? Way to go for speaking on Easter Sunday AND hosting...that's a lot!
Post a Comment