Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Kaylin's 1st month


                                                      First Bath



                          Mom and Dad celebrated 10 years of marriage

                             Kaylin dressed up for church last Sunday.

Thoughts on 4 kids
Everyone always asks us how we are doing with the baby. The answer is that the baby is great. She is the easy part! Raising three other kids and keeping up a house happen to be the hard parts. This fourth baby is miles easier than the last time we did this. Having three kids under the age of three with all of them in diapers living in that tiny apartment with all kinds of concerns about Sean's development was really, really hard! This time we have our beautiful home with room for everyone. Mark is not in school and has a job. Two of my big kids are totally potty trained. Lukey wants to potty train but I don't have the time or energy for that yet.  All three big kids are awesome sleepers. Sean is thriving and excelling in school and is generally very happy. With the exception of the fact that I don't sleep much things are going much better than I anticipated. Kaylin is a sweetheart. Mark and I spend each evening taking turns holding her talking about how perfect she is. We often get asked how the big kids are doing with the baby. The answer is that they love her! Each one will pat her and kiss her on the head. They have all perfected talking to her in sweet, high pitched voices.  Sean takes his job as big brother very seriously. Whenever he sees her big beautiful blue eyes he makes sure to inform us that, "our baby is awake." It makes us laugh each time. We are glad Sean is here to give us Kaylin status updates. It is so helpful that the big kids are older and can manage themselves well. They are very patient with me when I need to sit and feed the baby or close my eyes for a minute. Mark and I are constantly moving and working to keep up with everything but feel like we are really doing okay. Kaylin is sweetheart and I'm worried that she is already growing up too fast.

1 comment:

Sarah Osborne said...

That's so great to hear, Andrea! I'm glad it's gone more smoothly than expected. Your family is beautiful!