Wednesday, March 13, 2013

35 weeks


We made it to 35 weeks! I feel relieved that my body is cooperating and keeping our daughter inside longer than we thought she would be. Our Doctor told us that the goal is to reach 36 weeks which is only one week away. We may make it! My contractions have mostly stopped. I can be up a bit more which allows me to actually take care of my kids during the day. I am still sitting as much as possible and am just taking care of basic needs but I can do it. The contractions will start up if I'm not being careful enough.  Basic needs mean that I might change Luke's diaper at some point during the day but I can get everyone lunch and help Claire and Sean get ready for school. PBS kids is on long enough during the day that Claire points out when the shows start to repeat(that is a very long time!). Our internet connection went out for a couple of days. Comcast came out and fixed the problem but it may have been the longest day of my life living without Netflix and PBS kids games on the computer! Fortunately my kids are super patient and understanding. They find ways of entertaining themselves. This weekend they enjoyed a new Cars matching game and pulled out the Halloween costumes. We are grateful for so many people who are serving us and helping to keep our family afloat during this tricky time. I appreciate the neighbors who are helping by getting Claire to and from school. My kids have had extra play dates with friends on the block so I could rest and we are grateful for the meals that are being brought in. Mark has been leaving work as close to 5 as possible. He feeds the kids dinner and serves me by doing the dishes, picking up the living room, doing laundry, getting the kids ready for bed and so many other things. He is cheerful and never makes me feel bad. Usually by that time of day I need to sit and recover from being up too much. 35 weeks means that hopefully our baby's time in the NICU will be minimal. I am excited to think that she might actually be able to come home with us! I have never been pregnant past 36 weeks and I wondering when we will be seeing this new daughter of ours.

No comments: