After six months of anticipating, worrying, and preparing Sean started his new preschool today. The bus will pick him up from our house at 8:00am and drop him off at home around 4:30pm. It's hard to process how long of a day that will be for him. Sean has been watching his sister go to Kindergarten the past 10 days and has started to get frustrated wondering when he would get to go to school. We celebrated last night at McDonalds and I made Sean his own balloon sign. To say Sean was excited is an understatement!
The bus driver called first thing this morning to let us know that the bus broke down and it would be a long time before they could get the bus repaired and the kids picked up. Mark had stayed home to help me get him on the bus so we piled everyone in the car and drove him to school! As we got closer to the school Sean pointed out his window and said, "I found the preschool!"
At this point he was almost dancing with excitement as we were about ready to enter the building.
He knew where his classroom was and found his name. Miss Janeen helped him find his chart and hang up his backpack. She showed him his black tape mark on the floor where he will line up and fold his arms. I love this picture below because you can see how ready he is for this experience. All four of us gave him hugs and he ran off to play and then Mommy cried!
I know this is exactly what Sean needs to grow and progress. It helps that he is so happy and excited. It is going to be a major adjustment for me to not have my special buddy around. Dropping him off at school today and seeing his excitement was much easier than watching a bus drive away for the first day. He will ride the bus home today and we will start the regular routine tomorrow. I hope he has the best day and I can't wait to see him.









1 comment:
He is so cute!! I love his little excited face. And the fact that his backpack is bigger than he is :) I feel for you...I already know I'm going to worry about Lydia like crazy when she starts school!
Post a Comment