People used to always ask me if our open adoption was awkward. It wasn't. It was the best. Every time we were together the spirit would confirm to me that it was good. Kara used to hold Luke tight and tell me that he was her reason for changing her life and her motivation to keep making good choices. I used to wonder why Luke needed to be in our family. I don't anymore.
Sometimes I wonder if she had loved him enough she wouldn't have left him. That is wrong. She did love him enough. She secured for him a life and a future.
These pictures remind me of the great love she had for my son.
That is what I want him to know about her.
1 comment:
Those pictures bring tears to my eyes.
It's so hard to come to terms with what happened. It took us about 18 months.
I know she still loves him and you guys!!
Post a Comment