
My heart is broken tonight as I mourn the loss of my dear friend and sister. Sadly, Kara choose to end her life yesterday. This sadness weighs so heavily and feels to be more than I can bear.
I mourn the loss of my son's birth mommy. Kara and I are mommies to the same child. This bond has formed one of the most loving, respectful relationships of my life. I loved our open adoption. Every time we were together I felt peace and love and confirmation of our situation. I am already saddened by the birthday parties that she will miss, calling her when Luke takes his first steps and says his first words. I have held him close today and pondered on how fortunate I am to have a piece of her in my home. She gave me the greatest gift of all. I feel that Luke will be a form of healing for our family. I think about the last time we were together. She reached her arms out to Sean. He threw his little arms around her body and put his head on her shoulder. I can still hear Claire's voice chirping with excitement as she followed her Auntie Kara around helping her clean and vacuum her bedroom. They colored pictures together and Kara encouraged Claire to keep practising her pictures. I think about my last conversation with her a month ago. She had been having a hard time. I reminded her of her Saviour's love for her. I encouraged her to make good choices so that she could continue to be an active part of my children's lives. I told her how much I loved her. I hope someday to better understand this part of Heavenly Father's plan for Kara. I hope that she has found the happiness and peace that she struggled with in this life.
We choose to celebrate the beautiful moments of her life.
Please remember our family in your prayers during this terrible time of sadness.











8 comments:
What a beautiful tribute! I know you will make it through this terribly dificult time, with the help of our Lord and Savior. We love you!
I can feel the love you have for her. I'm so sorry for your loss. I know God will comfort your wonderful family. I will continue to pray for you. You'll be in my thoughts.
Thank you so much for sharing. The pictures are beautiful. We love your family so much and are praying for you.
I am so thankful that you were able to have this amazing experience with Kara and were able to share your beautiful son.
I am thankful that she was at the Christmas party we hadn't seen her for so long. I wish that her radiant happiness could have lasted.
My Heart has never ached so much for someone. We loved Kara and will miss her. :,(
We are so incredibly sorry for your loss. When Dana's mom took her life we found this talk by M. Russell Ballard incredibly comforting. http://lds.org/ensign/1987/10/suicide-some-things-we-know-and-some-we-do-not?lang=eng
Our hearts are with you as you mourn for someone who has blessed your life so much.
-Dana and Kris
Your loving tribute will comfort many to come in the future; what a strong example you are to so many who have and or will suffer this difficult trial on earth. Our prayers will be for you and your sweet family to feel the comfort the Gospel brings in the coming days and weeks.
Love the Ricci's
I'm so sad for you and your family. My heart breaks for you and we will remember your sweet family in our prayers.
Andrea, your grace and love is so evident in your writing, you're a wonderful example to us all. What an amazing tribute to Kara and your families, and what an amazing plan our Heavenly Father had for baby Luke!
Luke is truly lucky to have you for a mother, Andrea. I'm sure it will mean a lot to him to read this blog post some day. What a beautiful tribute to his birth mom.
Post a Comment