
Playing peek-a-boo with Ducky and her new dolly that the nurse gave her for being a good patient.
Around 9:45 this morning Claire smacked her head on the door frame of her bedroom. She was in a hurry to grab her ducky from the living room. The poor girl tends to fall and get hurt a lot but this time was different. I was unable to console her and I knew she wasn't okay. I asked Mark to come home from work, arranged to have Sean dropped off to Grandpa and packed our bags to take Claire down to the urgent care. A few minutes after Mark got home Claire threw up. Plan B: Sean went to the next door neighbors and Claire bought herself a trip to the Emergency Room. After throwing up all over the ER waiting room, we were escorted back and met with a super nice doctor. It was determined that she probably just had a concussion but a CT scan was ordered just in case of internal injury. At that point Claire was so out of a normal state that she didn't mind anything that was done to her. We got permission to let her fall asleep while we waited for the CT results. After a healthy wait and a healthy nap we received good results from the scan and Claire started to perk up. She is currently eating crackers and apple slices while watching "Cars". She is shaky and we are watching her close but I think she is going to make it!!
That was one of the scariest parenting moments to date. I won't try to express my emotions except that I will be eating a big bowl of ice cream later on! That was a lot for a Mommy to try and process.
Blessings:
Blessings:
- There was no internal damage and she really is going to be okay.
- A husband who was able to leave work and come help.
- We have the most amazing next door neighbors that were willing to take Sean in a moment's notice. They changed his diapers, got him asleep for a nap, fed him and entertained the little guy. You know who you are and you are the best!!!
- A sweet Grandpa who stayed with us at the hospital and held all of our hands.

3 comments:
I'm so glad everything is okay, and that your neighbors were able to take baby Sean. Let me know what I can do for you. Do you have a favorite flavor of cookie? :)
Oh, Annie, I know just how you feel! Primary Childrens' in Salt Lake is the most adorable place, but when we left there last year with Aaron, I couldn't help think, GEEZ I hope I never see the inside of this place AGAIN!!
Hope your day is better!
Aw, I'm so sorry that happened! What a scary experience! Poor little Claire, I hope she is feeling better.
Post a Comment