Friday, August 7, 2009

Mommy's birthday!

I spent the day with these two!

I cleaned house while Sean took a three hour nap. Claire helped by taking her clothes off and dumping gold fish crackers all over the kitchen floor. She was convinced that it was her birthday.


Mark made a world famous chocolate cake. Yes, there are 27 candles!


The kids helped me blow out the candles.


My sweet in-laws watched the kids for a bit so Mark and I could go out to eat for dinner. After the passed two crazy weeks, a dinner out with my husband was a wonderful treat. I had the most perfect birthday. It was a Mommy's dream! Mark came home early from Colorado so he didn't miss my birthday. The kids were in bed early and slept through the night. We watched a movie together without any interruptions. These are simple matters but the stars seemed to align yesterday so that Mark and I could have a nice evening together. I love that I got to spend my birthday with my family.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great day! So nice that the kids were good to you, and so was Mark and your inlaws.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Aaron's birthday is coming up fast and we're having a BBQ party. I don't have an address for you, but email me and I'll send it to you that way. ashley.boehm@hotmail.com