Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sean Mark Hamblin






Hi Everybody! We had a baby! Baby Sean was born on Tuesday, January 13, 2009. He was born on his Grandpa Hamblin's birthday. I can't wait to celebrate together next year. Sean came 4 whole weeks early. He weighed 6 1/2 pounds (Claire weighed the same amount at birth) and was 19 inches long. Everything went extremely well with getting him here. Sean decided to sprint to the finish line and our doctor was unable to get to us in time. Fortunately there was a doctor standing in the hallway that was invited into the room to "catch".Sean is very yellow. He will have his bilirubin levels checked again on Saturday. If the number goes up anymore he will have to spend time under the UV lights. We are praying and hoping that he can get through the jaundice with as little time under the lights as possible.
Clearly I have the inability to keep babies inside for the full duration of pregnancy. Please don't be jealous! Our babies come out of the oven a little doughy. We feel very grateful that Sean is healthy. He is eating well, breathing well and sleeping well. He loves to be held and I think he is the cutest baby ever! Thank you to all of Claire and Sean's Grandparents for stepping in and helping with Claire. She is doing well. She doesn't seem to mind the new kid on the block but it has been a rough week without her usual routine. We are so happy that Sean is here and hope you enjoy all the pictures and updates.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! Congratulations! He is so cute. I love the one eye open picture. And you look beautiful! I hope you are doing/feeling well. Let me know if you need ANYthing. I'm just around the corner and happy to help.

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so glad that little Sean made it here safe and happy. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. :)

Nancy said...

He is so handsome! Glad to hear he's doing so well. Please let me know if there's anything I can do! You know I'm always here for you guys!

johnfh said...

Yay! Sean! Yay!

Annie said...

Oh my goodness, what a doll!! Congrats! You and your early babies. You so do not look like you just had a baby!

Rachelle Johnson said...

SOOOO cute! I agree that you look fantastic for having such a new baby, especially the second time around. What a doll! Hope you're enjoying him, and he's letting you sleep :)

SaMash said...

WOOHOO! Heard the good news! So glad to see that everyone is happy and healthy! Thanks for posting some great pictures! He is a beautiful baby, CONGRATS!

Heather and Kyle said...

Congrats guys. We are so very excited for you guys. Glad it went well. We will need to stop by some time. Congrats again guys.

David and Sarah said...

Wow! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you and your family, a little boy, how fun! And I'm so glad to hear he's healthy and doing well. I hope everyone adjusts well. Oh, and he is the cutest!